We have recently made some changes to our focus areas – including adding a Special Initiative. Our new Special Initiative will support those organizations working on climate change and coal. In particular, we are interested in talking to those organizations that are doing community organizing, strategy and education about the negative effects of coal being exported to China through the rail systems that run through Montana.
We usually provide General Operating Support.
We support talented and skilled leaders and their organizations who are focused on:
- Creating climate change solutions in Montana
- Enhancing food security, and reduced water and energy consumption
Economic Development and Social Justice
- Promoting a just, equitable, and sustainable society
- Creating a vibrant democracy – with an informed, involved citizenry
- Expand opportunity by increasing entrepreneurship
- Economic development to create living wage jobs for Montanans
- Developing and encouraging leadership for the next generation of Montana Leaders.
- Projects initiated or mandated by any order of government
- Political lobbying
- General social services
- Capital campaigns
- Most research projects including species research even if it falls under the penumbra of climate change
- Hospitals or medical clinics